I confess, it’s sometimes hard to remember about this blog. It is tangential to my regular life. Yet I somehow have time at work and elsewhere to throw up links to stories I find interesting. I do this on Facebook, mainly because I’m apparently okay with people tracking me for the rest of my life. Also, people I know occasionally post links to pictures of hedgehogs snuggling raspberries, so I keep coming back.
Anyways, as an experiment, here are things I’ve found interesting, specifically from 10/1/2011, as reflected in my self-constructed CIA file.
- The U.S. government and industry groups are pretty much in cahoots to approve enormous pipelines across the continent, for freedom.
- Occupying Everything still demands justice.
- Alabama is racist and sad. Good job, everybody.
- The L.A. Times is paying attention to Oakland food policy, for some reason.
- Richard Kim tells us why “We’re All Human Microphones Now“
- Food subsidies make people eat bullshit all the time.
- Will Potter introduces us to the “Eco Al-Qaeda” our elected officials invented.
- Historians Politely Remind Nation To Check What’s Happened In Past Before Making Any Big Decisions
- The Marshall Islands have the world’s biggest shark sanctuary!
- My Goodness but Derrick Jensen is an insufferable ass. Here’s (a bit of) why.
- Occasionally, the Chronicle also reports on things that happen in the Bay.